A vintage style rucksack with fresh, modern detail...
Pack up this stylish and versatile bag with everything you need for the day. Arms full of toddlers or groceries? Carry the rucksack on your back!
Practical side pockets fit phones or snacks. Includes an interior zipper pocket and a patch pocket that may function as a space for tablets or other electronics. The main part of the bag is large enough to hold a slim laptop.
Gender-neutral styling makes this a great choice for men and boy's bags too.
This is a downloadable pattern and will be delivered to you via email.
QUILT SHOPS: Please contact me for wholesale pricing! firstname.lastname@example.org
Finished Dimensions are approx: 13" x 13" x 3"
Retro Rucksack pattern files include:
• 10 pages of professionally illustrated instructions
• Clear step-by-step directions & supplemental photos
• Expert tips for a professional-looking finish
• Print-at-home pattern pieces
• Metric conversion chart
• Bonus tips: working with waxed canvas & improvising with bag hardware
The Retro Rucksack pattern includes step-by-step illustrations and detailed instructions, along with supplemental photos. I've also included lots of extra tips for working with difficult fabrics (including waxed canvas) to achieve a professional-looking finish.
The bottom of the bag is reinforced by the extra layer of contrasting fabric, and you can be sure that your things are secure with buckles and a recessed zipper closure. If you prefer, you can skip the zipper and make a roll-top bag.
Skill Level: INTERMEDIATE - you should be comfortable installing a zipper and working with thick layers of fabric
This sewing pattern is available for digital download only. You will receive a printable pattern delivered by email.
Recommended Fabrics and Supplies:
• Exterior - 1 yd.
• Lining - 1 yd.
• Accent Fabric - 2/3 yd.
• Strap - 6 ft. (1 1/2" wide) // 2 ft. (1" wide)
• Zippers - 1 zipper 16" // 1 zipper 7 "
• Hardware - 1 1/2 " d-rings (4) // 1 1/2" strap slides (2) //1" buckle closures (2 sets - including both the clip and the ring)
• Firm Interfacing - 1/2 - 1 yd. depending on width (optional)
Exterior: Heavy-weight fabrics such as canvas, duck cloth, felted wool, denim, tweed, home decór etc.
Interior: Medium to heavy-weight fabrics such as canvas, duck cloth, home décor, quilting cotton
Accent: waxed canvas, faux leather, canvas, denim