Need an extra-large tote for all of your gear? This spacious everyday tote is a versatile carry-all, with room for all of your essentials and more!
The Penfield Pocket Tote has clean, classic lines that make it versatile enough to be used as a diaper bag or a work bag. Moms hauling baby gear, college-students hauling books, or working folks with a computer and gear for the coffee shop will all find this bag useful.
Practical interior and exterior pockets provide plenty of space to organize your things. The snap closures and rivets add stylish, modern detail. Try it in waxed canvas or with leather accents for an upscale and durable tote.
This is a printable pattern and will be delivered to you by email.
QUILT SHOPS: Please contact me for wholesale pricing! email@example.com
Finished Dimensions are approx. 14.5" x 16" x 3.5"
Penfield Pocket Tote pattern files include:
• 11 pages of clear step-by-step directions, with illustrations & supplemental photos
• Expert tips for a professional-looking finish
• Print-at-home pattern pieces
The Penfield Pocket Tote PDF pattern includes step-by-step illustrations and detailed instructions, along with supplemental photos. I've also included extra tips to help you achieve a professional-looking finish. Each pattern piece is labeled with a letter and includes specific cutting instructions. Pattern pages are numbered and easy to assemble.
The Penfield Pocket Tote pattern contains actual pattern pieces, not just a list of rectangular measurements. The bag interior includes a divided elastic pocket, a small zipper pocket, and a divided slip pocket with spaces for pens. The bag exterior has two large pockets, one on the front and one on the back. The front also includes a small exterior pocket.
Skill Level: ADVANCED BEGINNER - not recommended as a first project, but anyone with basic sewing knowledge should be able to make a beautiful and functional bag
This is a printable pattern and will be delivered to you by email. This sewing pattern is available for digital download only.
Recommended Fabrics and Supplies:
• Exterior - 1 yd. (56" fabric) OR 1 1/2 yd (42-44" fabric)
• Contrast exterior - 1/2 yd. (56" fabric), 2/3 yd. (42-44" fabric)
• Lining - 2 yds. (44" fabric)
• Mid-weight fusible interfacing - 4 yd. (22" wide - like Pellon SF101)
• Fusible stabilizer - 1 yd. (45" wide - like Pellon 971F or 987F)
• 2 rivets - 1/4” (4mm) post length
• 1 D-ring 1”
• 2 (size 24) metal snaps
• 1 (size 3/4") magnetic snap
• 1 zipper - 7"
• Elastic - 12" of 1/4" wide
• Strap Webbing - 2 yds. of 2" wide (optional)
• Wax bar (optional)
Exterior & contrast: canvas, denim, duck cloth, twill, wool, quilting cotton
Lining: quilting cotton, linen, or other mid-weight fabric